Social media in today’s society is ubiquitous. It has pervaded every part of our lives including the way we do business. It dominates all aspects of business whether marketing or customer support. Social media exposes a prospective customer to a choice of products and user reviews enabling the customer to make informed decisions. Through social media you get to know how a product has been received, how well it works, and what is the level of customer support you can expect from the makers. Social media is by far and away the best and quickest way of building brand recognition with your target market.
But is there a connection between social media marketing and your logo? Small though it is your logo makes a humungous impact in your social media campaign. Consider this; your customers – existing and potential – will be repetitively barraged by it till it creates an indelible impression on them. Much like defining your business itself does, defining your logo too magnetizes your customers to you.
With that in mind, here are 12 tips about your logo – how to design it for optimum social media impact, and how to exploit it for social media marketing. While there are the usual design aspects of fonts, colors and taglines to decide on, here are the variables.
5 Design elements to deliberate
- Consider the aspect ratio. Most social media sites will demand a square-shaped thumbnail of your logo. Design a logo which, though not necessarily a true geometric square, lends itself to being converted into one.
- Consistency is the key. Your logo is going to be widely exposed on a range of sites – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, your own website and many more. Have a common logo which you use for universal application. Even if it has to be resized, it should still look the same.
- Go for simplicity. The more intricate your logo is the more indecipherable it becomes if it has to be resized. So stay off thin lines, complex graphics and extended taglines. Keep it simple.
- Restrict shades and colors. Stick with two or at most three colors to make your logo stand out and not get lost in the clutter of a crowded backdrop.
7 ways your logo design influences Social Media Marketing
- Helps increase your friends, followers and shares. An attractive and authoritative logo on a webpage or blog post has a better chance of being shared than one that is inconspicuous and feeble.
- Tends to enlarge the perception of your business. A top line branding coupled with an attractive logo makes your business larger than life – certainly larger than what it is.
- Creates trust and implies professionalism. There’s nothing like a well-designed logo to imply a professional, trustworthy company, one you can do business with.
- Tells your story. Your logo – its choice of fonts and colors – tells its own story and forcefully projects your image.
- Keeps you head-and-shoulders above the competition. A visually-appealing logo wields and authority of its own. It makes your business stand out from your competitors.
- Generates brand recognition. With a consistent logo across multiple platforms your customers get optimum exposure through which your logo creates an indelible impression. Remember, a visual impression is a lasting impression.
- Keeps your customers happy. An attractive and appealing logo endears itself with your customers instilling a sense of comfort in dealing with you. This takes in the big picture – fonts, colors, graphics the whole image. It’s the bottom line if you want your customers to get the right vibes.
While this might not work on every social media platform, these tips will certainly help you craft a better designed, more effective and memorable logo.