You want to be original, you want to be yourself, and whether that’s accepted or not accepted, that’s not as important as being you.” Tyler Hubbard
For small business, a website is a crucial tool for marketing and branding efforts. Visitors visit the website for a specific reason, and It is important to ensure that they get what they are looking for in terms of products and services. A website can be virtual office projecting and showing your goals, vision, mission and values of your business or it can be a virtual market to sell your product or service.
If business gets their website designed wrong, they can easily lose thousands of dollars initially, and ultimately lose even more money in potential revenue that you could be making from a well-designed, properly functioning website.
Following points should be considered while designing website for the small businesses.
- Understanding your target market and not rushing foe urgency.
- Design should be clear and should resonate your business persona and brand image.
- Clear call to action is required for appropriate interaction.
- The budget for website should reflect your marketing budget, as it is vital marketing tool.
- Customers expect your website to contain the latest information about your products, services, and company.
- Don’t allow your customer to make assumptions about your business because of a poorly designed website.
- Website should maintain Web 2.0 standards and W3C validations
- Great first impression
- Good navigation and usability
- Quick loading
- SEO and SMO